Mizner & Museums Package
Mizner & Museums Package
One-night package from $299/couple
Let the magic of Addison Mizner, renowned architect for the rich and famous, make you feel like royalty when you indulge at Rock Hall
, a grand mansion designed by Mizner in 1912. Located on 23 acres of grounds landscaped by Mizner and the Frederick Law Olmsted firm, the mansion is conveniently located in the northwest corner of Connecticut's Litchfield Hills, near the southern Berkshires (a 2 hour drive from NYC, 2½ hours from Boston.)
Included in the package is the Art Pass from the Connecticut Art Trail, valid for admission to
all 15 museums on the Trail, including the Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art in Hartford, New Britain Museum of American Art, and Hill-Stead Museum in Farmington … all within 45 minutes of Rock Hall. Since the Art Pass is valid for two-months, you will be able to visit all 15 museums during the ensuing months.
The Mizner & Museums package, which starts at $299/couple*, includes:
- One night lodging at the exquisitely appointed Rock Hall B&B
- Wine and Hors d'oeuvres by the enormous fireplace in the elegantly paneled living room
- Sumptuous Mediterranean-style breakfast featuring frittatas, house-cured gravlax, locally produced jams, artisinal cheeses and more…
- Two Art Passes for the Connecticut Art Trail valid for admission to each of the 15 museums and historic sites on the Trail, valid for sixty days
- Use of the mansion's 75-foot outdoor heated swimming pool, outdoor Jacuzzi, tennis court, billiard room, movie theatre, hiking trails, manicured lawns, orchards and gardens
*Upgrade to the Mizner Master Bedroom for an additional $50.00.
Stay a second night for $200. (Mizner Master Bedroom $250.)
Note: 12% lodging tax is additional.
To reserve, call 860-379-2230 or for more information, visit the inn's website.
The Ultimate Gourmet Package with the Florence Griswold Museum, Old Lyme
Experience classic New England lodging at the historic Copper Beech Inn in Ivoryton/Essex, four-diamond dining at the inn and American Impressionist art at the Florence Griswold Museum. The two-night package starts at $590/couple and includes:
Excludes 3-day holiday weekends. Add a third night for 50% off regular room rate.
To reserve or for more information, call The Copper Beech Inn at 860-767-0330, or visit copperbeechinn.com
Bee & Thistle Inn & Spa packages with the Florence Griswold Museum, Old Lyme
Plan a romantic getaway to The Bee and Thistle Inn
in Old Lyme, named the most romantic inn in Connecticut Magazine for ten years and situated next door to the Florence Griswold Museum
, home to American Impressionism. The inn's eleven guest rooms with private bath are adorned with elegant accents, each individual in design.
The Spa Package
A One Night Winter Escape
The Spa Package is the perfect retreat…. Designed
specifically to provide you with a calm space to relax, escape and recharge
from your daily life.
Includes: Two NightsAccommodations, Gourmet Breakfast
each morning, One Hour Couples Massage, a Gift tote, Dinner for Two at The
Chestnut Grille and Two Passes to the Florence Griswold Museum.
Midweek Package- $650
Weekend Package- $750*
*Not Including Tax or Gratuity
In the winter time, the “Bee” seems extra cozy…. A hot
buttered rum never tasted better as it does relaxing next to one of our
fireplaces. Beat the winterdoldrums by enjoying a night away and a
three-course dinner at our Chestnut Grille.
Includes: One night’saccommodations, Breakfast
in Bed, Three-Course Dinner at our Chestnut Grille, and Two-Passes to the
Florence Griswold Museum.
*Not Including Tax or Gratuity, Can’t be Combined with any
other offers or purchased with gift certificates
Valid Until March 2nd, 2013
Not Valid on February 14th-16th, 2013
For more information or to reserve, call the Bee and Thistle Inn at 800-622-4946, or visit the inn's website
*Rates are based on double occupancy and are subject to availability.
Rose of New England Package with the Slater Memorial Museum, Norwich
Plan a visit to Norwich, Connecticut where our founding fathers and revolutionary leaders lived and gathered to set the history of American independence in motion.
The one-night "Rose of New England" package is valid year-round starting at $250/night**, double occupancy, and includes:
- One night lodging* at the historic Lathrop Manor B&B where former residents Poetess Lydia Huntly Sigourney and infamous traitor Benedict Arnold once lived, now a B&B with working fireplace in each guest room and modern amenities
- Three-course gourmet breakfast prepared by chef/owner
- Daily guest reception with complimentary hors d'oeuvres and beverage
- Two passes to the Slater Memorial Museum. Collection includes American fine and decorative art representing 350 years of Norwich history; 17th-20th century European paintings and decorative arts; African and Oceanic sculpture; Native American objects and a plaster cast collection of Egyptian, Archaic, Greek, Roman and Renaissance sculpture
- $50.00 dinner voucher to Mona Lisa's restaurant or Daniels at the Waterfront (seasonal)
- Gift basket of wine and a selection of local cheeses
- Lodging tax
*2-night minimum required on Friday and Saturday nights from May 15-November 15, 2009.
**One-night package starts at $250/night during the winter, $300 during the summer.
Walk to the Old Norwichtown Burial Ground, the resting place of Samuel Huntington, the first president of the Continental Congress, and to the Leffingwell House Museum
, home of early industrialist used as a meeting place for patriots during the Revolutionary War (open seasonally). For an extra charge, enjoy live theater and optional dining package at the Spirit of Broadway Theater, or a live performance at the Donald Oat Theater
. Or, try your luck at Foxwoods
or Mohegan Sun Casinos
, only minutes away.
To reserve or for more information, contact Lathrop Manor B&B at (860) 204-9448 or visit the inn's website.